Sunday, April 10, 2011

Busy Busy!

Sorry it has been over a month since I last updated the blog...probably the longest since I started Adam's caringbridge website back in September of 2009.  We have been super busy the past month with lots of new happenings...

A lot of people have been asking how Adam is doing driving and are completely amazed that he is able to drive now.  He is doing great and we both love that he now has more independence than we ever thought possible since his injury.  He drives pretty much everywhere in Clarksville, to all his appointments and anywhere else he wants to go!  I still drive on long trips, on the highway and in big cities like Nashville or Atlanta which I'm sure he does not mind :)  I have taken a couple of long weekend trips to Atlanta for various reasons and Adam can stay in Clarksville by himself now and not have to worry about having transportation!  It is so great that we both have independence--another step towards normalcy.

I started working about a month ago--YAY!  I'm only working two days a week for a lady in town who has her own pediatric therapy practice.  She is wonderful to work for and I am loving being back at work part-time.  I am very blessed to have a career that I love and that is very rewarding.  It worked out really well because Adam started driving right before I went back to work so now he can take Cohen to daycare if he has an appointment; otherwise Adam watches Cohen while I am working.

We also put our house on the market about three weeks ago.  We have no idea when Adam will be getting out of the Army and when we are moving; however, we think it will be in the next few months.  Our realtor told us it would take about five months to sell our house so we wanted to go ahead and get it listed.  We are definitely hoping to be moved in the next five months--if everything goes as planned; however, the problem is we have no control over the Army ;)  It was a little crazy trying to get the house ready to put on the market the week I started working and getting ready to go out of town the following week...

Adam, Cohen and I took about a week of travel in March to go visit Charlotte, visit friends in Asheville and then to a friends wedding in Knoxville.  We had a great time on our little road trip.  Cohen was quite a handful at the wedding--thank goodness it was a beautiful day and he could run around outside with all of the other children.  Here is a picture of him at the wedding and a few more recent pictures:

Cohen at my friend Anna's wedding--being well-behaved for the time being!

Loves hats!

Cohen with his Aunt Lorra and cousin Benjamin


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! Wow God is so good! So glad Adam is driving and you are working again. Any idea where you guys are moving. Cohen looks like such a big boy. Can't believe he is going to be 2!

    ReplyDelete