Friday, July 15, 2011

Medical board rating!!

Adam got his Army medical board rating back a few weeks ago and it was what we were hoping for--so much of our stress was relieved!  However, then he started the retirement process which is an entire new ordeal, but at least we are headed in the right direction and moving on with our lives.  We have had to make a lot of decisions the past couple of weeks that will effect the rest of our lives, and more decisions to come--just a little more stress!  I would go into more detail about everything but I wouldn't even know where to start or how to explain everything.  Honestly, I don't know if I understand it all myself!  I'm just so thankful that Adam is at a place now where he can take care of all the paperwork, dates, finances, etc.  So many answered prayers over the past 2 years (almost) now!  Basically Adam will be retiring at the end of September!  I cannot believe the time for his retirement is actually almost here.  After so many months of being hospitalized, going to therapy and waiting on the medical board process, the time has finally come.  Adam and I are both very excited to be moving on with our lives but I know that I am also sad to be leaving the Army.  Sounds kind of strange after what we have been through but there is some kind of security with military life. 

We have also been busy doing other fun "summer things" the past couple of months.  I am hoping to have some time in the next week to post some pictures......

1 comment:

  1. Carrie! that is wonderful news!! Will continue to pray for the transition and all the decisions that lie ahead! As we scrolled down and looked at all your great pictures...the girls loved Adam dressed like a "prince" at the ball on your trip!

    ReplyDelete