Thursday, October 13, 2011

Adam's Retirement Party

My parents and I had a retirement party for Adam last weekend in Atlanta at my parent's house.  I felt a little strange every time I said "retirement party" since Adam is so young and likely has many years of work ahead, but he definitely deserves the recognition and celebration!  I was going to try and make it a surprise but I did not think I could get Adam to Atlanta and pull it off without telling him, so I did end up telling him about the party.  We invited close friends and family and had a great time visiting with everyone!  Here are some pictures from the night.  I started taking a few pictures at the beginning of the night but didn't get very far...hopefully my mom took more pictures than I did :o

 Adam's friends from college, from left to right:  Leah and Spencer, Erin (her husband was at home with a sick baby :( ), Cristin and Bryan, Carrie and Adam, Kelli and Jason, Kelly and Great, Maggie and Wes

 Left to right:  Bryan, Spencer, Adam, Jason, Wes and Great







 I ordered the cake from a local bakery.  It turned out pretty good!  Adam was in the Cavalry when he was aviation in the Army so I thought the stetson would make a cute cake.

 Ryan, Cohen and Eleanor.  Ryan and Eleanor are my friend's, Sharon and Jenn, children.  Cohen had a blast playing with them!  The rest of our friends decided to leave their kids at home and make it an "adult" evening.





 Me and my cousin, Lorra

 My Grandmother and Aunt Jan

 Aunt Jan and Jerry

 Jenn and Eleanor

 Family friends, Bruce and Charles, and my Uncle Jerry

Sharon, Maggie and Erin

2 comments:

  1. Heeh, the cake looks like a real cowboy hat! LOL! And the kids sure are enjoying the party, too! Well, a retirement party doesn't mean that you're very old. Haha! It's also a great time to spend quality time with your loved ones. Great pics, Carrie! :)

    >Drew Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to have these details about Adam's Retirement Party. I am glad that it was stunning. Our dad will be retiring soon and I will host a grand party for the day. I am going to host this party at one of the local Los Angeles event venues and hoping that it’ll turn out to be a blasting eve for everyone.

    ReplyDelete