Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Our Christmas Vacation

We had a wonderful Christmas vacation this year!  We spent about two and a half weeks away from home visiting family and friends and had such a fabulous time with everyone.  We were at my parents house in Jonesboro, just outside of Atlanta, most of the time but took a couple of short trips over the course of the two weeks.  I will try and fill everyone in on all of the details but it will probably take me a few blog entries to catch up...

Christmas morning was great with Cohen opening his presents and playing with all of his toys.  He loved tearing the paper and pulling out the tissue and then of course spending all of ten seconds playing with a toy before being distracted by something else!  His attention span is still quite short and he is a very busy little boy!  He did get his very own little chair for Christmas from his "Mimi" and "Pops" (my parents) and that is about the only time he will sit still.

Cohen sitting in his new chair on Christmas morning


We celebrated Christmas with my dad's side of the family on Christmas day, which is our tradition, although, we usually have Christmas at my grandparent's house.  However, this year we were not able to because my Grandmother fell and broke her hip about six weeks ago.  She is currently in a rehabilitation center now and is doing great!  So instead of her cooking Christmas dinner this year, my mom, my Aunt Jan and I cooked dinner and had everyone at my parent's house.  My dad went and picked up my Grandfather from his house and my Grandmother from the rehab center and we all celebrated Christmas together.  It turned out great except our night was cut a little short because of the snow.  How crazy that it snowed in Atlanta on Christmas?!  That never happens!  Although it was beautiful to have a white Christmas!  Because our night was cut short I was not able to get many pictures but here are a few from our Christmas.

Aunt Jan and Cohen opening a gift

Adam and Ben

Lorra, my cousin, and Carol, my mom or "Mimi"

Lorra, her husband Ben, and their children Olsen and Benjamin

Lorra and me




The Sunday after Christmas we celebrated with my mom's side of the family at my Aunt Judy's house up in Cobb county on the northwest side of Atlanta.  It was definitely a much different Christmas this year since it was the first without Pop as he recently passed away before Thanksgiving.  Even though we all know he is in a much better place now, the holidays can especially be difficult as everyone knows who has lost a loved one.  Despite being without Pop, the family really enjoyed spending time together as we don't often get to see each other.  Here are a few pictures from our Christmas.

my cousin, Todd, and Cohen

1 comment:

  1. What great family pictures! You look great Carrie. Looks like Cohen was spoiled at Christmas just as mine was. Hope yall are doing well.

    ReplyDelete